Next Up -- Special Programming for School of Music During We Are Weekend!
Conversations began last year about an all-alumni reunion in 2019. With the beautiful new Recital Hall now open, it's the perfect time to celebrate with a reunion that will include ensemble experiences as well as time to socialize and reconnect with faculty and each other. Register here for We Are Weekend, and then choose the programming you want to participate in during the entire weekend. Note that the School of Music-oriented activities include:
- Friday, May 31 - 9:00-11:30 a.m. - Recital Hall Tour (this is open to anyone attending the We Are Weekend)
- Saturday, June 1 - 9:00-10:00 a.m. - Breakfast for School of Music Alumni hosted by Dr. David Frego, director of the School of Music
- Saturday, June 1 - 10:00-11:00 a.m. - Choir Reading Session (under direction of Dr. Christopher Kiver) and Wind Ensemble Reading Session (under direction of Dennis Glocke)
- Saturday, June 1 - 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Orchestra Reading Session (under direction of Gerardo Edelstein)
- Saturday, June 1 - 6:00-7:00 p.m. Social Reception for School of Music Alumni (an additonal fee applies to this event)
Questions about the reading sessions or the social reception can be directed to Carol Poblete, while questions about the overall We Are Weekend should be referred to the Penn State Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Recital Hall
The campaign to dedicate the 400 seats in the new performance venue is ongoing. For more information, visit the School of Music website.
The Penn State School of Music Affiliate Program Group was founded with the purpose of providing a forum by which alumni can continue to grow professionally and personally and stay connected with each other and to the School. The group works with the Director of the School of Music in remaining informed about the affairs of the School, encourages and supports educational and career opportunities for students in the field of music, and helps foster a sense of pride in the School of Music while enhancing its reputation and prestige.
The group is always looking for alumni who are interested in giving back to the School of Music by serving as a board member on the alumni group. Meetings can be held by teleconference and at the collective convenience of the Board and the Director of the School. Carol Poblete currently represents the group on the Arts and Architecture Alumni Society Board. If you are interested in the possibility of serving on the alumni group board, please contact Carol or Joyce Hoffman in the A&A Alumni Office.