- Currency Converter
- Non-Employee Information Form (formerly the VISIT form).pdf
- One-Day Travel - Meal Reimbursement Report.pdf
- Penn State Transportation Services (Fleet Services)
- Penn State Travel Services Home Page
- Per Diem Allowance (CONUS) - Domestic
- Per Diem Allowances (O-CONUS) - International
- Purchase of Airfare - see the policies page
- (Airfare Booking Options and Services Tool-to be used when purchasing airfare)
- Request for Travel/Cash Advance.pdf
- Travel Advance Exception Information.pdf
- Travel Guidelines - see the policies page
- Travel Policies
- Travel Reimbursement Extended Travel Stays Outside the United States
- Travel Reimbursement Request For Exception.pdf
Foreign Travel Export Review Requirement:
Thank you all for your help and patience as we have instituted a number of procedural changes to our export compliance programs during 2015. One change that has been made, and which we are still fully socializing, is the impact on foreign travel planning of the new University Policy AD89 (link). As a result of our internal audit of export compliance at Penn State, it was determined we needed to implement new procedures to enable an effective export review of foreign travel being conducted on behalf of the University, including a means of documenting such reviews in the event of a government investigation or audit. As part of new AD89, certain transactions now require, by policy, an export review be completed – including all foreign travel for University purposes.
Currently, there are two means of initiating this review. First, by completion of a one-page PDF Review Request Form (or similarly approved document) that may be submitted to my attention as UECO (or to other designated export compliance specialists – such as OSP reviewers for travel related to sponsored awards). Second, an export review will be generated automatically for any and all travel registered in the new Travel Safety Network (TSN) which is being implemented at the request of the Provost and managed by the University Office of Global Programs. We have attempted to build all necessary compliance functions related to foreign travel into the TSN, including the required export compliance review.
Please remind your faculty, staff and students of the need to obtain an export review prior to commencing foreign travel for official University purposes and then direct them to either the Review Request Form (available at my website) or the TSN. Please also feel free to remind your faculty, staff and students that we are not “approving” their travel, but instead that the required export reviews are designed to identify any compliance risks which may be associated with the planned travel event and to identify means to proactively mitigate such risks, typically through pre-travel planning, education and/or traveler awareness programs.
Employee Reimbursement System (ERS) is used to reimburse employees and non-employees for expenses that occur during University business.
- ERS Documentation
- ERS - e-receipts/itineraries
- ERS FAQs
- Going Green with ERS
- Non-Employee Travel Reimbursement Form
- Value Added Tax (VAT) Reclamation Submission Procedure
For further information and training refer to www.ers.psu.edu
Each Unit within the College will establish an annual travel budget to help manage costs related to their individual travel expenditures.