The Penn State University Sheild
open the search bar
Open the menu

College of Arts and Architecture Travel Reimbursement Extended Travel Stays Outside the United States

International Travel frequently consists of both business and personal components.

  1. If a trip is longer than one week, traveler must define what percent is business vs. personal.
  2. If business stay is 2 months or longer, that is considered an Extended Stay. For business travel of 2 months or longer, per diem is allowed for maximum of 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, the traveler will be reimbursed based on Actual expenses.
    • First 3 weeks, per diem is acceptable.
    • After 3 weeks, Actual expenses are used for lodging, meals and all other subsistence expenses
    • Receipts are required for lodging.
    • If on extended business travel, employee must submit request for reimbursement on a monthly basis.
  3. Advances from the Financial Office will require a detailed budget. Submit detailed budget with request (SRFC) to describe how the money will be used and which accounts will be charged.