Maintaining adequate progress for a degree is defined by meeting a 2.00 cumulative GPA (CGPA). Students who do not maintain a 2.00 CGPA move into a status of Academic Warning. While on Academic Warning you will have a hold placed on the registration of subsequent semesters and must meet with the college advising manager (Kyrie Harding) to remove this Academic Warning Hold. All notifications concerning the hold will be sent to your campus email address.
Academic Warning is not a punishment or the end of your academic career. The hold is a notification that it is time to seek help in taking an active approach to improve your academics. During the required meeting with your advisor, you may be asked to:
- Reflect on challenges that led to warning
- Discuss campus resources
- Plan a balanced schedule
- Understand GPA, grades, and policies
- Develop a plan for success
- Schedule follow-up meeting(s)
Meeting with Advising Manager to Release the Academic Warning Registration Hold
Students must meet with the college advising manager to release the Academic Warning registration hold.
- Contact Kyrie Harding to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled through starfish.psu.edu or by calling 814-865-9523.
- Complete the College of Arts and Architecture Academic Action Plan.